Education, TVET, Training, Apprenticeships, Graduate Training, Business Support and Innovation Programmes.
Northern Ireland Colleges
Core Products / Services
Development and delivery of TVET solutions, including teacher training, curriculum development and support materials for delivery. TVET solutions in range of sectors including: engineering, construction, digital ICT, tourism and hospitality, cybersecurity, health and social case, advanced manufacturing, life and health sciences. UK Border Agency approval for recruitment of international students.
Northern Ireland Colleges is a grouping of 6 regional Further and Higher Education Colleges which operate under the control of the Ministry of Economy across 40 campuses, employing over 4,000 staff, with a turnover of circa £260m. Each year Northern Ireland Colleges support over 150,000 enrolments and connect with 10,000 businesses.
The Colleges provide a range of professional and technical programmes across a diverse range of curriculum areas from Entry Level programmes for school leavers to Higher Education Degree level programmes and Apprenticeships. Internationally the education system in Northern Ireland is recognised as top quality outperforming 42 of the 50 countries in the 2015 Trends in International Maths and Science Study (TIMSS) study.
NI Colleges can assist with all aspects of the development and delivery of TVET solutions, creating a framework for a skilled workforce. The Colleges are the main providers of technical and professional education supporting up-skilling and re-skilling, providing professional and technical education and training and addressing educational disadvantage and under-achievement.
Our ambition is to promote Northern Ireland as a destination of choice for internationally mobile students and staff working across all TVET Levels. We would like to recommend our region of the UK as a source of high quality academic partnerships and expertise for the following solutions:
- TVET Teacher Training: The Colleges have developed Teacher Training Qualifications for staff working in Adult and TVET Education which are mapped to UK National occupational standards.
- International Foundation Year Programmes: International Foundation Year Programmes which provide an excellent pathway into the UK Higher Education System.
- Student and Staff Mobilities: The Colleges have the capacity to support student and staff mobilities to get access to academic programmes to enhance student experience and to embed staff from partner Colleges as part of their continuous professional development.
- Leadership and Management Programmes: Development of senior leaders in TVET to support strategic planning, curriculum development and performance management.
- Training and Apprenticeship Programmes: The Colleges can provide advice on all aspects of training, apprenticeship and higher level apprenticeship development.
- Higher Education Programmes: The Colleges offer a range of Foundation Degree and Degree Level programmes in partnership with UK Universities. These programmes are all subject to approval for delivery.
- Professional Development Programmes: The Colleges are the largest providers of professional development programmes for senior business executives offering internationally recognised post-Graduate level qualifications with organisations like the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supplies (CIPS).
- Summer College Programmes: The Colleges are able to offer a range of Summer College experiences including a mix of academic programmes with language training and a range of cultural and tourist experiences.
- English Language/ESOL Programmes: As the largest providers of English for Speakers of other languages (ESOL) in Northern Ireland the Colleges have the capacity to develop English language and bespoke programmes for staff and students, enhancing capacity to engage in international TVET programmes and access to the UK education system.